Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://smrtr.io/DyGw
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
360 Foley St, Somerville, MA 02145, USAFull-time
Are you interested in joining one of the largest and fastest growing hotel companies in the Northeast United States? Do you want to join an organization that recognizes your contributions and hard work? Do you want to be part of a company where you have the ability to develop and grow your career? If so, then look no further than Colwen Hotels!
At Colwen Hotels, we are on the lookout to engage the best and brightest hospitality professionals in the industry to join our incredibly service-driven and focused team. Our award-winning properties are made up of passionate, dedicated and energetic individuals who provide exceptional service to both our guests and their fellow associates. We approach each and every day with a can do attitude and what we like to call stick-to-itiveness that provides a level of service that creates memorable experiences for our guests. Equally as important, Colwen Hotels is committed to sustainability, responsibility and stewardship in the communities where we work and grow.
Colwen Hotels is part of a fully integrated organization that designs, builds, owns and manages branded and independent hotels in markets across the Northeast. With more than twenty operating hotels and nearly twenty more in various stages of construction and development, it is a very exciting time to join our team!
The Row Hotel Autograph Collection at Assembly Row -is seeking a friendly and detail orientated Chief Engineer. In addition to overseeing the engineering day to day operation of the hotel, the candidate will also be responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction.
- Trouble shoot and repair malfunctions in electrical/mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment as needed
- Oversee day to day activities of maintenance technicians
- Follow OSHA Guidelines to ensure safe working environment (lock-out,tag- out, maintain MSDS sheets etc.)
- Supervise and schedule maintenance staff
- Interview, hire and train technicians I and II
- Participate in performance management activities
- Conduct ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics
- Review maintenance problems, complaints and work order to prioritize and scheduled work
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning equipment and mechanical systems
- Inspect property to identify potential and current needs
- Estimate department expenditures for budget purposes and assist with capital budget process
- Solicit contractor bids and evaluate proposals
- Ensure signed vendor agreement and Certificate of Insurance (COI) or in place prior to commencement of work
- Ensure work with selected contractors is complete to specifications
- Coordinate with local health, safety, fire and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled and as needed basis
- Service hotel pool to include adjusting chemical levels and cleaning filters (not all inclusive)
- Complete maintenance logs as required
- Maintain building exterior not serviced by contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting)
- Previous hotel engineering experience preferred
- Proficient in English language.
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Familiar with common computer software programs(e.g. Microsoft office)
- Must be willing to work holidays (all hotels are 24/7)
- May require overnight stays
- Some work in office
- Must be willing to work odd hours
- Additional information
- Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
- Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Somerville, MA, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible