Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in the Bar/Lounge. Position directs, trains and assists employees to serve guests and ensures proper standards are followed. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations, professionally and consistently. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Bar Activities and Upkeep
• Ensures high quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps maintain par stocks throughout the various departments by daily monitoring of on-hand inventory.
• Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary.
• Assists floor staff during busy periods.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
Ensuring Bar Team Delivers Exceptional Customer Service
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Observes service behaviors of employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Modeling and Holding Bar Team Accountable to High Standards of Work
• Supervises Bar/Lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Trains staff on cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards, and procedures.
• Maintains standards for bartender and cocktail service.
• Supervises adherence to all cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
Facilitating the Performance of the Bar Team
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible