Partners Data & Analytics Internship, Spring 2018 – Orlando, FL
The Data and Analytics team at Partners Federal Credit Union (PFCU) advances our projects in the areas of Marketing (predicting churn), Lending (credit scoring), Risk (fraud analytics) and more. Our goal is to seek out and integrate all available data in the organization that can be used to generate valuable business insights to support and grow the mission of Making All Financial Dreams Come True. We are responsible for the integration, movement, reporting and analysis of all data in the organization and have an ever expanding footprint within Partners Federal Credit Union.
Responsibilities Day in the Life:
- Prototyping new models, conducting exploratory data analysis, and researching data science
- Implementing new modeling techniques as appropriate for a specific solution
- Assisting in process improvement initiatives within Data & Analytics group
- Desire to work on data analysis projects that will help transform PFCU into a data driven organization
- Ability to pull data from databases using SQL, and apply data cleansing, data manipulation and data transformation techniques
- Ability to create innovative solutions for business issues using different analytics and machine learning approaches
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative & strategic problem solving skills
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SAS, R, Alteryx, Tableau or other statistical packages/languages
- Basic understanding of cloud (AWS) and Apache technologies
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques(e.g., logistic and linear regression, neural networks, random forests)
- Knowledge of and ability to create data visualizations using .js visualization libraries
- Rising senior or higher obtaining (or recently graduated with) a degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently pursuing, or recently graduated with, an MBA or Graduate degree
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2018 through early June 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Job type
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible