§ Manage regional licensees:
- Implement regional Category plan / strategy
- Develop & execute appropriate local market category plans
§ Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget for the category.
§ Ensure licensees have full understanding Disney’s business standards, directions and strategies. Manage licensees to achieve yearly targeted budget.Responsibilities
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Management
- Implement regional category plan / strategy.
- Develop local market category plan in line with regional strategy & plan.
- Undertake market analysis to follow or proactive meet trends & regulations, monitor sub-categories and retail performance, and determine & develop Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (franchise, products, price, and retail channel) for DCP to expand brand presence consistently with retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
2. Category Management
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget
- Identify & contract new licensees instrumental in the development of the category
- Identify product, franchises, and channel gaps and ensure that the plans in place to fill the gaps.
- Manager Contract Renewals based on category plan.
- Assist the establishment of efficient distribution services.
- Provide account management to top licensees for long term business development.
- Coordinate with DCP Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional).
- Regularly communicate with Key licensees and conduct performance reviews (quarterly)
3. Retail Management
- Work with key retail account to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail.
- Work with buyers from key retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer’s shopping profile.
- Act as communication link between Disney and licensees and retail buyers.
- Conduct retail accounts performance review and marketing update (quarterly).
- Identify signage and merchandising needs.
4. Creative Management
- Direct product development with DCP Product Developer consistently with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product approvals with DCP Product Developer.
5. Finance Management
- Responsible for the category budget & bottom line responsibility.
- Provide category forecast on quarterly basis (revenue grading).
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable.
6. Marketing Management
- Coordinate with DCP Retail, Sales & Marketing team to support sales promotion, events and advertising in the local market.
- Work with DCP Retail, Sales & Marketing Team to ensure better understanding of consumer profiles and market needs.
- Ensure appropriate licensees implement the Disney visual merchandising programs.
7. Information Systems
- Maintain competency in DCP business systems
- Insight (Contract Admin. & Royalty reports)
- INvision (Forecasting/Budgeting)
- SAP (Travel expenses & Purchase Orders)
8. Team Management
- Lead (Assistant) Category Manager to achieve team targets
REQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
2. Minimum of 8 years working experience in related industry at merchandising, marketing or sales related undertakings.
3. Personal Attributes
- Intelligent, self-directed, self-starter, good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skill and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Committed to excellence.
- Team management experience is a plus.
4. Other requisites, languages
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible