At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Perform various maintenance duties around the property to ensure the Hotel is efficiently maintained.
The Handy Person will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
- Use the Work Request System and Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Carry out all tasks, guided by the Work Request System and Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Lights to be checked and globes changed on a daily basis over the whole property.
- Clean and maintain plant rooms/workshop in proper condition.
- Supplies from the loading dock to be transported to the various areas of Engineering.
- Work on a rotating shift as directed, in accordance with the Hotel’s Collective Agreement.
- Take plant logs daily.
- Carry out and administrate the Rooms Inspection program as per hotel Standards.
- Carry out duties as directed by Chief Engineer/ Maintenance Supervisor
- Communicate to the Chief engineer/ Maintenance supervisor on a daily basis about allocated jobs
Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
Adhere to the Marriott International’s TakeCare Movement
Demonstrate clear behaviours that align to the Property Service Culture Standards and Brand Core values
Comply with and abide by all hotel polices and procedure and information as outlined in Associate handbook
Comply with Marriott International’s Worldwide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and the Policy against Insider training at all times.
To work as and where directed by Management plus follow all reasonable requests
- Job type
- Queensland, Australia
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration