At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Start your Journey with Us
Do you want to be part of a pre-opening team? The Westin Brisbane opening November 2018!
We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Spa Manager will be responsible for managing the Signiture Heavenly Spa by Westin and Wellness facility including associates rosters, training, service and stock control. Actively contribute to the process of driving the business, developing associates, maintaining and improving intra-departmental and hotel communication standards, assisting in achieving departmental KPI targets.
About the role:
- Assist with setting up the Spa and Wellness Department 'policies, standards and guidelines' as required during the pre-opening and operational period.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all outlet expenses, ensuring they are within budget guidelines and business levels, eg. wage costs, overtime, retail and professional costs. And action plans are initiated where necessary
- Supervise the service process to ensure that Spa associates perform their duties according to department standards
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the Spa is maintained on a day to day basis, ensuring work practices are in accordance with local health authorities
- Assist in developing and implementing promotions, strategies and special events in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Suppliers
- Be aware of regular guests, return guests and special requirements and ensure their expectations are met and exceeded whenever possible
- Maintaining client data base by actively sourcing new clients through recommendations and referrals
- Liaise closely with the Spa team to ensure the consistent delivery of an excellent Spa product
Education & Experience Required:
Strong business acumen and previous Spa management experience is essential
Previous experience within a Five Star hotel Day Spa is advantageous
Qualified in Health and Beauty Services and Massage Therapy
Must have a passion for and operational knowledge of the current trends in Spa operations and Beauty Therapy
Successful candidate must have a passion for Health & Wellbeing
If you’re ready for the challenge and believe that The Westin Brisbane sounds like the ideal direction to take your Hospitality career, then hurry and apply today!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Queensland, Australia
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible