- The successful applicant must have availability to work overnight shifts specifically on Tuesdays and Wednesdays weekly.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage and transporting luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services)
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities
- Supply guests with directions
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Maintain a clean and professional image at all times.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Previous customer service experience is required, hotel experience preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License and Abstract proving a safe driving history is required for this position.
- Scheduling availability on weekends and evenings is required.
- Strong communication skills are required to speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Ability to read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g. small print).
- Ability to stand or walk for the majority of the work shift and move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (i.e., run, walk, jog).
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Travel perks- explore the world around you with generous hotel and food discounts globally.
- Growth opportunities- we believe that wider experiences provide a more enriching experience and offer mentorship, training and professional development.
- Rewards and recognition- We believe hard work should be acknowledged and encourage exceptional service and leadership.
- Flexible scheduling options for students.
Competitive wages and other benefits.
Notification to Applicants: The Westin Calgary takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
- Job type
- Calgary, Canada
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible