Assists in executing all operations in two departments (Front Office and Food and Beverage/Culinary or Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Supports specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeds them.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand service culture.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
Supporting Safety Standards and Work Procedures
• Implements property emergency plan.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
• Implements and sustains property accident prevention programs.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
Supporting Property Operations and Department Budgets
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement and to determine areas in need of cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Ensures barriers to achieving goals are being discussed and resolved by the team.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Ensures that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Leads by example and demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Ensures training plans are in place and being executed.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Ensures Continuous Improvement Meetings (CIMS) are taking place weekly in each department.
• Provides support for operations functions as appropriate
- Job type
- Detroit, MI, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible