Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Concierge department functions as the Ambassadors of the hotel, Welcoming and bidding goodbyes to all guests who walks in, a concierge assists guests by performing various tasks such as making restaurant reservations, booking hotels, arranging for spa services, recommending night life hot spots, booking transportation (like taxi, limousines, airplanes, boats, etc.), coordinating porter service (luggage assistance request), procuring tickets to special events, and assisting with various travel arrangements and tours of local attractions. Concierges also assist with sending and receiving parcels etc.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Supervises Team Leaders, Bellmen, Doormen, Drivers- maintaining details of all errands in the control sheet.
· Is aware of the arrival and departure details of guests in order to monitor their movements.
· Assists the Bellmen with their duties if required.
· Ensures cleanliness of the Concierge & Valet Desk, luggage trolleys, luggage storerooms and entrance to the hotel and Lobby areas.
· Orders and supervises distribution of newspaper to in-house guests and departments.
· Handles guest mail and messages in an efficient and speedy manner.
· Drives the Club Car when required.
· Ensures an efficient valet service keeping the main entrance always clear according to set procedures.
· Ensures that hotel vehicles are stocked with water, towels, daily newspaper and hotel information.
· Co-ordinates maintenance for all hotel vehicles and ensure cleanliness at all times.
· Guides guests to their hotel location if necessary.
· Ensures operation of guest elevators when required.
· Ensures to maintain a record of A) All baggage in storage. B) Group baggage sent to rooms. C) Coordinates maintenance of vehicles.
· Ensures proper scheduling of rosters in order to meet the Hotel level of occupancy and hotel standards. To prepare the timesheet for payroll purposes.
· Knows the basic operation of Opera computer system.
· Ensures that the hotel flags are clean and in order at all times.
· Reports to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
· Demonstrates pride in the workplace with a high level commitment.
· Treats all guests and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times. Gives full cooperation to all guests, and assists in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
· Anticipates guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
· Promotes a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customer.
· Ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department).
· Has a good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants, shops and function rooms. Is well informed about special functions and events held in the hotel on a daily basis.
· Is aware of the hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
· Complies with the hotel’s legal requirements for fire, bomb threats and Health & Safety and is fully aware of all emergency procedures.
· Attends all training sessions as required.
· Keeps your work areas clean and tidy at all times.
· Is fully aware of the national history of Dubai, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
· Maintains professional confidentiality and never disclose any secrets pertaining to the Company.
· Carries out any reasonable duties as requested by a senior manager.
· Ensures that the “Welcome Charter” and “Product Standards” are followed as trained.
· Coaches team members on the job, gives demonstrations for “on the job” training.
· Uses questions in a coaching style to encourage others to solve problems themselves.
· Monitors performance, assesses staff objectively and recommends training/development options to improve skill levels.
· Identifies and explores weak links in the team and supports them.
· Provides guidance, support and constructive feedback to enhance others capabilities.
· Distributes work equitably and according to the abilities of the team.
· Allows individuals to complete tasks on their own but provides support when required.
· Assist Chief Concierge in reviewing progress on agreed time scales to ensure delegated work is completed on time.
· Communicates frequently a realistic picture of future plans so people know what has to be done and why.
· Leads by example, displays behaviors, which reflect the desired, work norms and values.
· Genuinely supports our internal customers and other department to achieve their goals.
· Uses appropriate personal style to gain acceptance or agreement to an idea or plan.
· Changes others opinion by effective persuasion.
· Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rational
To move into this position you should have
· Tenure in current position minimum one year
· Minimum Three years’ experience as Team Leader/Concierge in any of the five star hotels
· Good interpersonal, People management and Leadership skills
· Knows Opera well
· Train the trainer certificate preferred
· Excellent problem solving skills, communication and reporting skills, customer service & people skills and flexible
· Friendly & outgoing personality, well presented & groomed, good manners
· Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English
· Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.