Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
El Sur’s Spanish-inspired cuisine, contemporary and sophisticated design is one of the first concepts designed by a group of entrepreneurs looking to express to sublime flavors of the traditional Spanish food through a more modern and artistic service and ambience.
El Sur serves Spanish food and drinks with an international influence and a great contemporary touch. Each warmly presented and artistically prepared, recognized for its freshness and attention to detail run by our food and beverage professionals that preserve the authenticity of this cuisine.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
- Work across all areas of to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
- Table set ups and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift,
- Maintaining the condition of the hostess desk and dining room (if needs), controlling guest checks and payments
- Communicate and work closely with kitchen staff, floor and bar staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- Attend monthly staff meetings with ideas of how to improve business performance.
- Key relationships with all Hotel to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded at all times.
- To positively contribute to the sales activities within your department/hotel and maximize sales opportunities and to be knowledgeable of company products
- To keep wastage to a minimum and be vigilant in reducing expenditure
- To identify and notify Supervisor of all maintenance requirements hazards in the work place to comply with hotel and company mandatory requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment and to ensure that members of the team are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with the requirements
- To comply with Municipality regulations regarding Food Hygiene procedures.
- To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- To perform all tasks to a consistent standard as detailed with the department standard of performance manual, and to promote within Hotel and Brand key Standards
- To attend daily briefing sessions and Hotel/Departmental meetings when required
- To attend training sessions and meeting when required and to operate in line with the training or information received
- To demonstrate a pride in workplace and a high level of commitment
- Taking reservations in proper way, get full name, email, phone number and special occasions within the hotel reservations system.
- Follow up on email reservations, service express and send email confirmation to the guests whenever needs. (communicate with SE whenever needs)
- Proper follow up on group bookings communicate with management regarding the budget and get created set menu towards the guests needs.
- Follow up on Group chart and keep on informing management
- BEO FORM send to the team whenever the group is confirmed by cc form / deposit paid (if requires) at least one day before the reservations.
- BEO should be created for Group bookings (includes tapas lunch & Saturday Spanish feast), suckling pig, any order in advanced, paella etc.
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- Good and fast face recognition
- Must be able to engage with the guests
- Promoting the restaurant in order to improve the level of business
- Minimum 1 year experience in the relevant area of luxury restaurant environment
- Excellent command of the English language speaking, reading and writing
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Multiple language ability, an advantage
- Smart in appearance and well groomed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hotel / High school or equivalent education required
- Knowledge in computer
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and beverage
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.