Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: houstoncareers.pearlhospitality.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
***PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE "BEST OF CLASS"***
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company that is well-known for achieving insurmountable success that break all barriers.
Our prestigious Westin Houston Medical Center has ARRIVED and is seeking an experienced Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager with a strong and proven background. If you are a match for the qualities and skills below, we would like to review your resume and your background.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely people oriented, highly disciplined.
- You have an uncanny ability to effectively communicate.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
A Pearl Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager reports directly to the Director of Front Office and is responsible for fostering the Pearl culture within the guest services and valet department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager is responsible for the successful supervision and organization of the Bell, Valet and Shuttle Attendants. The Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager must ensure that they are providing exceptional customer satisfaction by serving guests in a hospitable manner to ensure a positive guest experience during arrival and departure. The Guest Service department must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager must drive results through proper guest care that meets or beats Pearl and brand standards. This candidate must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. This candidate must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses and yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Senior Guest Services & Valet Manager must ensure that our associates and customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the department at an ownership level
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as the Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure Valet area is maintained to the highest level with attention to detail
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Participate in Pearl stand-ups and meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Deliver the best product at the highest standards
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Treat guest, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Understand and comply with emergency procedures
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times with nametags
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and create work schedules weekly adhering to budget goals
- Ensure that the Valet/Bell desk is attended at all times and that posting positions are maintained
- Ensure sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each associate
- Ensure staff’s knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities
- Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to rotation sequence
- Answer and document all calls and requests for Valet and Bell assistance
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to bell staff
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner
- Coordinate group & event arrival, departure, and luggage requirements
- Ensure proper training of proper use and care of guest’s vehicles while driving and parking
- Ensure proper security of guest’s vehicle keys and belongings
- Ensure proper training for guest room orientation by Bell Staff
- Must be able to stand the entire shift and ensure timely retrieving/parking of guest’s vehicles
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.