At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
Engineering is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, repairs and upkeep of the building structure, mechanical and electrical services, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, fixtures, fittings and equipment of the hotel.
- Carry out all tasks, guided by the work request system and as requested by guests and associates.
- Ensure all tasks are performed with urgency and in the safest manner possible.
- Perform regular plant, equipment and water quality checks and complete logs accurately.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel's policies and procedures.
- Qualified electrician, plumber, mechanical fitter or engineering technician
- Experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel or commercial environment preferred.
- Ability to prioritise work schedules and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work on a roster including public holidays and weekends is essential.
- Please note only people with full Australian working rights are eligible to apply for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
Associate recognition and training programs
Discounted CBD parking
Strategic career development opportunities
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Melbourne, Australia
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible