Westin Hotels & Resorts redefines personal and instinctive service with an effortless style and gracious attitude that ensures a truly unforgettable experience for our guests and associates. Every Westin is a haven of serenity and a distinctive alternative for those who appreciate a higher standard. The Westin Melbourne is searching for a dynamic Leader to join our team and who is ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand - if you’re someone who is positive, adaptable, intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others, we’d love to hear from you.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
An urban retreat located in the heart of the CBD, The Westin Melbourne is a 5 star luxury hotel that takes pride in preserving wellness in travel whilst delivering personal, instinctive and renewing experiences to our guests every day.
Responsible for providing lasting impressions, our Service Express team are proactive, welcoming and true professionals at delighting our guests.
- Management of the general operations of Service Express, Bell / Porter, In-Room Dining & Refreshment Centre.
- Management of the Service Express Agent & Service Express Attendant team.
- Collaborate with all other departments to ensure the fundamentals are delivered to all guests.
- Answer and direct incoming calls from inside and outside the hotel.
- Dispatch requests to the appropriate department.
- Understand the purpose of each stay, communicate to operational departments through pre-stay emails of upcoming VIP arrivals, ensuring all information is attached to profile.
- Manage and operate the Westin Experience program including pre-arrival emails to VIP guests.
- Interact with guests during busy periods in the lobby when required. Provide support with line ups, check-in and check-out.
- Follow up on requests and guest feedback to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Provide guests with recommendations or referrals and upsell the hotel's services and facilities.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel's policies and procedures.
- Oversight & Management of the In Room Dining department in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager
- Investigating Safety, Security and Emergency matters
- Managing guest issues and looking into room and account discrepancies.
- Accurate and detailed recording of information and disseminating it to the appropriate parties within the Hotel.
- As part of the Front Office Leadership team, complete Manager on Duty or Reception shift coverage if required.
- Use of several different computer systems including Opera PMS
- Recruitment and Training of Service Express associates according to the Westin standards.
- Delegate daily tasks to the team, coach and counsel staff to be at their best and maintain a positive work atmosphere for them.
- Possess experience in a similar role with solid experience as a Front Desk or Telephone Agent in a 5 star hotel with supervisory duties. Department supervisory and/ or management experience is looked upon favourably.
- Ability to multi-task and provide appropriate solutions quickly.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough in follow up and excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Collaborative spirit, which supports a culture of service and infuses wellbeing into daily delivery of hotel services.
- Lead by example, have a positive demeanour and demonstrate initiative and advanced communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Must have the flexibility to work on a 24 hour rotating roster including public holidays and weekends.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Melbourne, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible