Responsible for handling internal/external inquiry calls for past guests and set up of 3rd party credit card billing for future guests. Handles reservations & billing of OTA reservations. May assist transient and group account coordinators with reservations and billing tasks or other duties as needed.
40% Provide high level of customer service while receiving & responding to billing inquiries from past guests via phone and email. Conduct research, post corrections as needed, and follow up with guests.
15% Clear & close open folios for guests with balances after checkout.
15% Handle reservations set up, inquiries via phone/email, billing review & follow up where needed for OTA accounts & wholesalers.
10% Receive and respond to requests for credit card authorizations for arriving guests. Upon receipt, process credit card deposits and set up reservations with billing and comments.
5% Research inquiries/charge-backs and provide documentation within the allotted time to MBS representatives.
5% Assist with answering Reservations & Group Billing phone lines while associates are on breaks, have time off, or as needed.
5% Monitoring aging report and following up with MBS/clients as required to ensure timely collection of bills.
3% Working with other departments, Sales and Operations, to ensure successful handling of guest accounts.
1% Attendance at meetings, as needed. (e.g. department meetings, etc).
1% Maintenance of storeroom and files.
Other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Overtime may be required. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Assist with reservations and/or accounting office issues.
· Provide administrative support.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Must be able to handle a high workload volume with organization and control.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, the primary language used in the workplace.
· Must possess excellent customer services, problem resolution & communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Thorough knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills and analysis capabilities required.
· Ability to solve problems and make rational independent decisions.
· Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
· Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
· Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
· Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
At least one year Hotel Accounts Receivable or Hotel Front Office experience is required.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible