The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
Hands on role, responsible for sourcing Corporate and MICE opportunities and managing a portfolio of key Clients for the Hotel.
You will have at least 5 years experience in a five star hotel and proven new business & negotiation skills, and strong customer relationships. Our team is dynamic, professional and well regarded. You will receive great benefits and career development.
- Manage a portfolio of medical, finance, legal, government and technology clients overseeing both Corporate and MICE needs.
- Prospect, Quote, Negotiate and Confirm
- Use your skills and experience to generate new leads both from an established database of customers and new sources.
- Participate in new business activities including customer sales calls, telesales and trade shows.
- Conduct site inspections to showcase the hotel.
- Keep updated with brand programs and promotions in order to create a winning proposal.
- Collaborate with the Events team to nurture and grow new accounts and generate new contacts.
- Manage an ongoing SMART plan and achieve KPI’s and Revenue targets.
The successful candidate must have:
- Our successful candidate shows drive and initiative.
- Has attention to detail.
- Presents professionally both in person and in written form.
- Has an appetite for success.
- CBD location with easy access to public transport
- Opportunity for career development and training with Marriott International
- Discounts travel rates for associates, family, and friends with over 6100 hotels worldwide
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract