The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has become available to join The Westin Sydney team as Overnight Guest Service Agent
In this position you will report to the Front Office Manager. Some of your areas of responsibility will include:
- Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates
- Deal with all guest requests promptly, taking personal responsibility to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handle guest messages, facsimiles and mail, ensuring that the information is passed on and accurate, complete and promptly delivered
- Effectively communicate and liaise with associates on all levels, understanding the importance of teamwork within hotel operations.
- Ensure that all guests are warmly welcomed and recognized in accordance with hotel standards
- Handle the guest checkout process and farewell guests. Ensuring billing processes and manual postings are conducted in accordance with hotel standards.
- Our successful candidate will be a confident, strong communicator who is flexible in their approach
- Have a passion for exceeding guest expectations.
- Presents professionally both in person and in written form.
- Be flexible to work on a rotating roster over seven days
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 6,100 properties, you'll find us in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible