Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,The Westin Verasa Napa. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Westin brand is built on four unique differences - tradition, distinctive hotels, products and service. We look for 'people who make the difference', a Westin legacy where associates deliver a consistent and memorable level of service all the time.
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for assuring complete success of our Service Express operations with a strong orientation toward customer service and quality. It is expected that the Service Express Supervisor participates in expanding and improving service quality throughout the hotel.
- Assist with the coordination and evaluation of all areas of Service Express including interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving service issues.
- Assist with training all new hires on brand standards and Westin Operating Procedures when the mentor/trainer is unavailable.
- Maintains regular and constant contact with Service Express Associates and monitors their contact with guests; resolving guests issue to exceed expectations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns; ensures that phones are answered following Westin phone etiquette.
- Provides constant feedback to hotel management and department heads concerning service issues, including guest desires, complaints and comments.
- Measures current levels of service performance against previously measured benchmarked performance and constantly strives for improvement.
- Maintains open and excellent communication with all department heads.
- Schedules Service Express Associates in cross-functional activities.
- Empowers and coaches associates in providing technically proficient, courteous and timely service.
- Maintains up-to-date status on in-house groups, functions, arrivals and departures; Reviews VIP arrivals and makes certain that guests needs for special requests are met, i.e. Westin Kids Club requirements.
- Develops, monitor and track incentive programs.
- Presents innovative ideas to hotel management.
- Makes certain that the Westin approved Service Express technology is used to its fullest capacity.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty during the shift. Performs pre-shifts meetings, property walks, and notifying appropriate departments of a service/safety issue and issue coaching and communication notices following the companys progressive discipline policy
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Comply with Westin rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- One-year hotel Front Office/Service Express Supervisor or Assistant Manager experience a plus
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Knowledge of LightSpeed (Westin Software) a plus
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand effectively in English..
- Ability to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and manage stressful situations when occur.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, food cost and other expenses.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader with minimal direct supervision.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed professional appearance per Westin standards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Napa, CA, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible