Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,JHM Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with the sales team and all other effected hotel departments. Strives to consistently ensure the high level of customer service throughout the pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel events; primarily handles events of all complexity. Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. The Event Manager functions as the property expert in; Event Management including Event Planning, Event Service and Event Technology. The Event Manager recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. This position displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures products and services sold to guests meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty and leads to increased market share. The Event Manager assists the Director of Catering in ensuring the team meets the brands target customer needs, ensures team member satisfaction, focuses on growing event revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective up-selling skills and a detailed understanding of sales processes
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Superior guest relations skills
- Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient)
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation and banquet and event service operations
- Knowledge of event technology products and services
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of group room forecasting and attrition (Group Room focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Knowledge of current trends in event management and event technology and ability to determine applicability to customer and integrate into the operation as appropriate
- Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance, operations)
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, NFPA)
- Working knowledge of hotel laws governing operations
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including ISAC, Delphi, Galaxy, LightSpeed, Meeting Matrix, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations (e.g., BEO meetings, pre-event briefings, staff meetings, front desk, housekeeping, food and beverage team, culinary team). Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal or external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
- Acts as the liaison between property sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post event). Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Complies with all standards, policies and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, Core Deliverables, etc)
- Oversees his or her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
- Leads pre-event and post event meetings for assigned groups.
- Oversees the event planning phase including developing the Banquet Event Orders, Diagrams, Resumes, memos, etc.
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Participates in various meetings as necessary, BEO meeting, staff meeting, pre and post cons, coordination meeting, etc.
- Manages group room blocks and is in continuous contact with group contact regarding group room pick-up for assigned groups.
- Effectively manages customers budgets to maximize revenue and customer needs.
Education or Certification
- Minimum 2 years of food & beverage supervision and/or sales experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- Certification in Meeting Planning preferred (CMP)
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Herndon, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible