Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JHM Hotels . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of the Executive Chef is to oversee the culinary operations for the property including restaurants, room service, and banquets.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
· Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing AURO Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
· Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
· Manages culinary operations to ensure that quality and safety standards are met, service distinctiveness is promoted and available resources are utilized of facilities, equipment and labor through planning, scheduling, and ordering and inventory control
· Develops and implements new methods, techniques, procedures and technologies to achieve higher levels of technical competence, greater cost efficiencies and increased market share; identifies and recommends needed capital improvements
· Maintains a competent and motivated staff by implementing effective associate selection, training and development and retention programs which maximize productivity, facilitate achievement or performance goals and minimize associate turnover; establishes standards of performance and evaluates staff, initiates corrective action to resolve performance problems and associate conflicts
· Minimize number of accidents occurring from unsafe practices by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities
Participates in the development of the annual budget as it relates to functional areas of responsibility; provides management with continuous planning, forecasting and monitoring financial detail to verify adherence to plan; implement corrective action where necessary
· Confers with other Food & Beverage Director to formulate shortterm tactics and longterm strategies to maximize hotel profitability, report progress on present programs and coordinate functional activities toward fulfillment of objectives.
· Maintains a visible public presence by participating in public relations programs and events; coordinates special events with other departments, prepares gourmet dinners for special guests, food and wine societies, restaurant critics; conducts cooking demonstrations; participates in culinary competitions.
· May investigate associate complaints and recommend a solution.
· performs all duties in a safe manner and monitors the actions of others.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for AURO Hotels.
· Projects a favorable image of AURO Hotels to the public at all times.
· Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
· Treats guests, vendors, customers and coworkers with professionalism and respect at all times.
· Completes Departmental, AURO Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
· Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
· Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
45 years as an Executive Chef in a recognized resort or hotel, managing or supervising a staff of culinarians including Sous Chefs; Excellent communication skills. College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 23 years™experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.