Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.Click2Apply.net/js9zsdbgctnfgw8k
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Supervise the production, preparation and presentation of all foods for the hotel as assigned by the Executive Chef to ensure that a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI/Franchise standards.
- Supervise Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline, as appropriate.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor and control all labor and food costs through scheduling, training and supervising the production of the food to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus and daily specials; implement the necessary production changes to attract new business and ensure current guest satisfaction.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year of post high school education, preferably at Culinary Institution.
- Three to four years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Tampa, FL, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract