Supports audio-visual presentations in the property’s meeting space. Supports event technology sales and manages the event technology staff. The position ensures the highest level of service during events by executing all activities based on Standard Operating Procedures. The position strives to achieve and continuously improve both guest and employee satisfaction. Accountable for maintaining and securing all department equipment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Communication, Computer and Information Science, or related major; 1 year experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Execution of Events
• Responsible for the servicing of all events.
• Collaborates with Sales, Convention and Event Managers to develop and coordinate convention events in the property.
• Schedules staff to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
Supporting Audio-Visual Service and Operational Goals
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Directs and works with direct reports to execute activities that enable achievement of departmental and property goals.
• Adheres to and ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures (MVP SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Assists with implementation and execution of all event technology related corporate initiatives, and promotions.
• Determines formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints, utilizing research, knowledge, and training.
• Reach out to clients to help manage the business process, set and meet client expectations and deliver according to the budget.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Maintains customer satisfaction to insure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
• Leads discussions to review event scheduled events and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Maintaining and Progressing Equipment Inventory
• Supports management of a network of outside AV re-rent support companies to obtain favorable discounts and preferential service (e.g., free pick-up and delivery).
• Completes the administrative processes associated with event technology operations.
• Initiates and maintains the proprietary audio visual department computer system.
• Ensures event technology back of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures equipment is recovered from events and properly secured.
• Maintains equipment and purchases replacement or new equipment as necessary.
• Ensures inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Participates in event technology operational reviews annually and makes suggestions to improve operations.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the property executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Conducts regular, ongoing communication in event technology (e.g., pre-event briefings and staff meetings).
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of Event Technology.
• Maintains strong working relationships with guests/clients, local and national suppliers, staging companies, and audio visual consulting companies.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Job type
- The Woodlands, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract