The Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships will lead the existing Sales and Account Management team from the front and develop all areas of business with both existing and new accounts in the Aus/NZ region This position will act as a strategic leader and thought partner to Tourico’s leadership team and will drive key business partnerships and opportunities. You will be expected to lead and develop the team as they move through an exciting transition period in the company’s history.
- Lead the team to drive all aspects of business development efforts, including strategic partner identification and related contracting activities.
- Develop and manage relationships across a network of potential partners not restricted to the travel industry.
- Develop and enhance Tourico’ s talented local sales team advancing their knowledge and market competitiveness whilst driving sales.
- Coordinate evaluation of new opportunities including market and financial analyses.
- Assist in negotiation of terms and formulation of proposed offers for the transaction under evaluation.
- Interact on a daily basis with cross-functional stakeholders in support of the execution of ongoing transaction/development of final contracts.
- Serve as one of the company’s ambassadors to the market and develop the team to become influencers as they represent Tourico at industry conferences.
- 7-10 years’ experience in travel/hospitality business development with 2 years (min) in leadership
- Experience in new business development activities, including customer interaction, acquisition and procurement processes, competitive assessment, and strategic planning.
- Excellent analytical skills, including familiarity with demonstrable sales analytics experience
- Outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional project and customer management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Travel expectation: 30-50%.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Sydney, Australia
- Sales & Marketing, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
In 1994, our CEO Uri Argov and his wife took their entire savings of $19,000 and started Tourico Holidays from their walk-in closet. Today, this same entrepreneurial spirit and passion is embedded in the foundation of Tourico Holidays and is what drives our innovation and exponential growth.
Since that initial investment 22 years ago, Tourico Holidays has grown into a $1.4+ billion company. From one office in Sanford, Florida, we have expanded to 39+ offices worldwide in 5 continents with 770 employees and counting. Today, we provide support to 3,900 clients across 100 countries, using the most innovative technology in the business-to-business travel arena. We match demand with a robust travel supply spanning 6,200 destinations globally. Our growth year in the last 3 years is an astounding 56% and we receive 155 million searches a day.
Convince the unconvinced.
Connect dreams to destinations.