Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Development Company, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage hotel operations to maximize profitability and growth and drive brand initiatives through the leadership of people delivering exceptional experience to all guests.
General Manager's Role:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work. Comply with and advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identify options and resolve issues.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Meet or exceed established goals. Maximize room revenues, achieve Revenue Growth and Revenue Per Available Room goals.
- Develop and monitor the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets, sales and marketing plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation. Control labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Generate well written commentary and correct departmental control issues.
- Oversee the guest service function to ensure guest complaints are resolved appropriately and that service recovery gestures are made in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Achieve and maintain overall satisfaction scores as determined by the company.
- Ensure that brand standards are met in all areas of the hotel; establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Achieve productivity and quality goals.
- Ensure the development and implementation of programs and events that foster a positive work environment, e.g., new employee orientation, employee recognition programs, harassment-free workplace training, etc.
- Establish performance goals for employees and provide regular feedback. Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench strength. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Achieve established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals. Comply with all standards and inspection requirements.
- Inspects guest rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Ensures bank deposits are made weekly.
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments, regional contacts, and corporate office.
- Interact with outside contacts: Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction; Owners and/or Principals - regarding operational updates and current issues; Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Customer Service, Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance interpersonal.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication, Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentations skills
- Team Work, Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication, Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation, Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for positive results
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, and/or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability: Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative: Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation: Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism, - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Annapolis Junction, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible