We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, operates at scale with over 500 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 390 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company that leverages our data to empower our decisions.
Hospitality Solutions is focused on delivering TripAdvisor’s first-in-class B2B products that serve a growing market of business owners and partners across the hospitality industry. As a member of the Hospitality Solutions Data Team, you will collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders to build, optimize, maintain, and secure the full data vertical including tracking instrumentation, information architecture, ETL pipelines, and tooling that provide key analytics insights for business-critical decisions at the highest levels of Product, Finance, Sales, CRM, Marketing, Data Science, and more. Your work will power the market research, funnel analysis, product performance, forecasting and modeling that will grow our business and that of our customers. All in a dynamic environment of continuously modernizing tech stack including highly scalable architecture, cloud-based infrastructure, and real-time responsiveness.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
We take pride in our data engineering and are looking for a talented and highly-motivated engineer with a passion for solving interesting problems to add to our high-performing team.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of general software development
- Advanced query language and data exploration skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in information architecture design
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes including SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Experience working with large datasets (terabyte scale and growing) and familiarity with various technologies and tooling associated with databases and big data
- Relational DB (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Big Data (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS)
- Strong software engineering principles and experience in OO or functional programming in Java/Python or equivalent language
- Systems performance and optimization experience with an eye for how systems architecture and design impacts performance and scalability
- Knowledge of best practices around DB administration and data governance
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfortable owning the full data vertical
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems.
- Ability to work with end users to solve technical challenges