Summary: Housekeepers care for and prepare guest rooms and common areas to the standards and expectations set out by Twin Farms. From room make ups and turn downs to room turn overs, work involves high attention to detail and an efficient use of resources.
Tasks generally involve the regular renewing, refreshing, straightening, cleaning, clearing, and sanitizing of accommodations and common areas. Housekeeping often responds quickly and efficiently to changing demands and guest needs. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
* Preparation: inventory check and loading of the day's supplies
* Make-up/turndown service: pull trash and laundry; sanitize/clean bathrooms and fixtures, mirrors, and eating areas; dust; vacuum; make beds; replenish provisions (firewood, toiletries, amenities); and properly reset fireplace as needed.
* Turn-overs: prepare room for check-in. Strip and make beds with fresh linens, clean bathrooms, vacuum, dust, and stock amenities.
* Common areas maintenance: ensure the cleanliness and presentation of all common areas.
* Laundering: gather and haul laundry/linens to the laundry building; as needed, load machines, fold and store, deliver guest laundry.
* Closet restocking: inventory and restock amenities and linens as necessary in all housekeeping closets within accommodations.
* Department work space maintenance: clean and maintain laundry building, bathrooms, break rooms, and office areas.
* Vehicle Usage: operate vehicle with diligent care and make sure vehicle has supplies, linens, refuse and anything else cleaned out at end of shift.
* Efficient practices- take responsibility for a job that is thorough, accurate, and timely while keeping attention to important details.
* Reporting- observe and report maintenance issues, missing inventory, or damage.
* Other: carry out other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* A positive, "can do" attitude- ready to take on tasks with considerable care for Twin Farms' service standards.
* Independent- Able to perform duties independently with minimal supervision, good follow through, and completion of tasks.
* Team Oriented- Comfortable working in a team environment; getting along well with supervisor, co-workers, and staff from other departments.
* Committed to communicating clearly and regularly with others.
* Comfortable in frequent use of cleaning supplies/chemicals.
* Detail oriented- Observant in taking care of all aspects of service and in following directions well.
* Safety minded- Careful in conducting duties and always mindful of safety practices/risks.
* Professional presentation- Skilled at presenting self in a professional guest service manner when involved in occasional guest interaction.
* Good decision making skills- Practiced at exercising good judgment and making appropriate decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals.
* Flexibility- maintains flexibility in work schedule as shift demands change with business activity. Attendance during holidays/holiday periods is typical.
* Reliability- demonstrates good punctuality and reliability in attendance.
Required Education and/or Training:
* Cleaning experience that includes a familiarity with the safe use of cleaning products as well as a basic knowledge of cleaning tools/equipment operation.
* Previous guidance in following basic health and safety procedures.
* Minimum of a High School, vocational, or equivalency degree.
Required Working Conditions:
* Coming and going in all weather conditions outside- to transport self, laundry, and cleaning supplies from room to room/cottage to cottage.
* Regularly lifting and carrying of 10 to 15 pounds with occasional lifting of 30 to 40 pounds.
* Constant walking, bending, reaching, moving around, and pushing/carrying equipment. Also requires frequently reaching, bending, and stooping.
* Work is conducted on feet for the entire shift.
- Job type
- Barnard, VT, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux is established around the globe, from the Napa Valley vineyards and French Provence to the beaches of the Indian Ocean. It offers an introduction to a lifestyle inspired by local culture and a unique dip into human history.
Relais & Châteaux members have a driving desire to protect and promote the richness and diversity of the world’s cuisine and traditions of hospitality. They are committed to preserving local heritage and the environment, as encompassed in the Charter presented to UNESCO in November 2014.