Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Vail Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Position is responsible for, but not limited to overseeing transient and group advance deposits, answering reservation phone calls, assisting in all day to day tasks within the reservations department, including but not limited to, pre-arrival emails, phone inquiries, and report processing.
- Charge advance deposits 45 days from arrival for all Transient reservations in the Ski Season
- Charge advance group deposits in accordance with contract cut-off dates
- Assist with handling incoming phone calls
- Assist with honoring special guest requests and cancellation issues (based on policies)
- Processing queues in MARSHA
- Clearing exceptions file in PMS
- Checking for cancellations, drop segments, and ZZ report
- Responsible for reaching out to guests for new payment in regards to credit card declines via email or phone
- Responsible for updating Credit Card Decline Spreadsheet and relaying information to Manager
- Assist with making owner condo reservation requests
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel information, local attractions, restaurant and transportation available around the hotel, as well as in house activities, in order to answer inquiries
- Process credit card authorization forms and tax exempt forms
- Perform duplicate reservation check and other reports assigned by manager
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly. -required
- Must be able to interact, develop and sustain productive customer and associate relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address audiences needs. -required
- Bilingual in Spanish or other languages. - preferred
- One year customer service. - required
- Marriott Front Desk experience. - preferred
- Experience with the following computer systems: P.M.S., MARSHA, Outlook, Guestware or Oscar. - preferred
- Internet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word experience - required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. - required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Vail, CO, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible