As a member of the property Human Resources support staff, he/she works with Human Resources employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
• Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
• Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
• Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
• Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
• Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
• Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
• Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
• Prepares, audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to property management.
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
• Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee.
Managing Employee Development
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
• Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
• Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
• Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
• Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
• Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
• Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
• Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
• Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
• Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
• Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Ko Samui, Thailand
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible