Showcase Restaurant and Bar, an established Vancouver inspired restaurant located in Coal Harbour, is now accepting resumes for the position of Restaurant General Manager. This position will be responsible for building a lively and inviting atmosphere while capturing moments to share on social media. Managing employees to provide a crisp, dynamic service in a fast paced, high volume environment along with an extensive wine and cocktail knowledge and the ability to efficiently increase sales is a must.
- High school diploma; 5 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area. Experience managing a busy stand alone restaurant for two years or more.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Services Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area. Experience managing a busy stand alone restaurant for two years or more.
- Supervising staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Create fast paced, lively, energetic environment.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Social Medial – increase visibility of Showcase Restaurant in the local community and create robust social media presence.
- Well versed in menu creation and maximization of beverage sales.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Monitor alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Order and purchases equipment and supplies.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Areas of responsibility include Restaurant, Bar and Room Service.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of invoices.
Leading the Food and Beverage Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
- Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to teams.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operational performance.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service, in a stand alone mindset.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g. verbal and non verbal cues - greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees to develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Strives to improve service performance and monitors and maintains a high level of productivity within the team.
- Passionately observe and correct any sight, sound or other aspect that distracts from enjoyable environment.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to associates, including settling performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report leaders.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retentions.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Manages beverage purchasing and control procedures and ensures staff is trained accordingly.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Vancouver, Canada
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible