PURPOSE OF POSITION
Preparation of bakery items that require basic professional bakery skills. Assist the Head Baker to produce Bakery Goods on time and in line with Company Standards
- Preparation/baking of bakery goods (bread, rolls, danish, etc.)
- Solid professional bakery knowledge (preparing dough, baking skills).
- Must be able to read, understand and follow recipes.
- Must have a confirmed bakery background with an international brand hotel or bakery.
- Must be proficient in related tasks, be productive and work efficiently.
- Must be cost conscious and avoid wastage.
- Preparation of basic bakery goods, such as different bread rolls, Danish, breads, etc.
- Must be able to work in any section of the bakery and meet basic requirements.
- Preparation of simple showpieces is required; any advanced level is considered a plus.
- Must maintain immaculate cleanliness of his/her working station at all times.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Must be familiar with Ship Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Drills Safety/Security).
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
- Health: Must be physically fit and in good health. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and be able to work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: A minimum of two years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Bakery). Must have basic bakery knowledge and skills to perform expected duties.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
- Job type
- Basel, Switzerland
- F&B kitchen, Bakery/Pastry
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Viking Cruises was founded by Chairman Torstein Hagen in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years.
With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history. Each journey includes daily shore excursions, and an exclusive Culture Curriculum program that provides destination immersion through music performances, cooking demonstrations, informative port talks and guest lecturers.
Viking River Cruises award-winning Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. Itineraries range from 8 to 23 days and feature the rivers of Europe, Russia, Egypt, China, and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first award-winning ocean ship with the 930-guest Viking Star. Sister ship Viking Sea joined the fleet in 2016, along with Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017. By 2028 Viking will have a fleet of sixteen ocean ships, making it the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Each ship boasts a veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge, and more. Itineraries range from 8 to 141 days and feature destinations such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the British Isles, and the Caribbean.