PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supervise and maintain the cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot & Dish Washing Machines and adjacent areas assigned to the Food & Beverage Department. Ensure that Maintenance Requests are posted, efficiently communicated and followed up with the respective departments. Assist the Executive Chef in any tasks related to the Galley Operation. Comply with USPH rules and regulations.
- Must be familiar with the entire operation and have full understanding USPH Rules and Regulations.
- Must monitor the daily working hours of all Galley Utilities of its accuracy and check all entries.
- Ensures that subordinates follow their schedules and produce the required tasks as per job descriptions on a daily basis.
- Control the garbage segregation as per Company’s Policies, train staff accordingly.
- Ensure that assigned crew are well groomed and in proper uniform when reporting for duty.
- Maintain a fluent communication between his/her subordinates and peers alike.
- Train and motivate staff accordingly.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all galley Storage Areas (Galley Locker, Chemical locker, cleaning lockers)
- Responsible for the cleanliness and working condition of all Cleaning and Washing equipment, must report any damages or malfunctions to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous chef.
- Providing all Galley Outlets with the necessary Cleaning Material & Chemical on a daily basis as required.
- Monitor chemical consumption and cleaning materials.
- Avoid the loss and breakage of equipment.
- Supervise and assist the dish wash areas during the peak hours to prevent Equipment Loss and Breakage.
- Must have all outlets ready for any announced or unannounced Public Health Inspection, either done by the Food & Beverage Director or local authorities.
- Must be familiar with all relevant events regarding the F&B operation to ensure that all venues are set on time: kitchen tables, cooking demo, juice station, galley tours, etc...
- Assist the Provision Team during Loadings.
- Must keep the Executive Chef informed regarding the night shift cleaning operation and any performance issues.
- Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
- Complies with safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Reports to: Executive Chef / Executive Sous chef
Subordinates: Head Cleaner / Utility Cleaner
Basic Schooling education or better; must be proficient with Word, Excel and computers in
general. Previous experience in Hotel Stewarding Department.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal English and possess good
mathematical skills. Other languages are considered a plus. Ability to communicate with his Head of Department and subordinates alike.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Departmental Manual
- Job type
- Basel, Switzerland
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Viking Cruises was founded by Chairman Torstein Hagen in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years.
With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history. Each journey includes daily shore excursions, and an exclusive Culture Curriculum program that provides destination immersion through music performances, cooking demonstrations, informative port talks and guest lecturers.
Viking River Cruises award-winning Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. Itineraries range from 8 to 23 days and feature the rivers of Europe, Russia, Egypt, China, and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first award-winning ocean ship with the 930-guest Viking Star. Sister ship Viking Sea joined the fleet in 2016, along with Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017. By 2028 Viking will have a fleet of sixteen ocean ships, making it the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Each ship boasts a veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge, and more. Itineraries range from 8 to 141 days and feature destinations such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the British Isles, and the Caribbean.