PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper
Responsible for the day-to-day laundry and dry cleaning operation including efficient work flow while ensuring high level of employee productivity and maintaining a safe work area. Responsible for the financial performance.
- Arranges the working schedule and roaster.
- Makes sure the laundry work-float running smoothly and keeps the jobs on schedule.
- Monitors the quality of all cleaned laundry.
- Assures the laundry staff working in a safety manner.
- Communicates with other departments for problems solving.
- Daily conduct walkthrough of the main laundry and dry cleaning area to ensure cleanliness, checking machine to ensure they are all in good working condition paying attention to any operational, safety, hazardous material storage or environmental concern.
- Maintain accurate and up to date record keeping to include but not limited to: flatwork ironer, laundry lint cleaning, MSDS file.
- Coordinates daily inspection to ensure that all equipments are operating at optimum capacity.
- Reports laundry equipment to be repaired\maintained. Create job orders and follow up to ensure satisfactory of completion.
- Complete and submit weekly requisition.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of all laundry chemicals and supplies.
- Ensure that all preventive actions are taken by laundry personnel to prevent spontaneous combustion.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace, with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety, including keeping adequate stock of PPE equipment.
- Ensure all linen is staged and stored safely, not to piled higher than the safety red line, not to obstruct exits and escape areas or access to safety equipment such as fire extinguisher, water tight door, fire door, and not to be close to operating equipment or motor.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a laundry as Laundry Master including 3 years onboard ships of large capacity. Minimum 500+ cabin.
- Good command of English
- Knows the operation of all machines and equipment’s in laundry.
- Knows the stain removal technique.
- Understands various stains & chemical reactions.
- Understand various differentiate of fabrics.
- Knowledge of USPH
- Knowledge of Dry Cleaning operation
- Job type
- Basel, Switzerland
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Viking Cruises was founded by Chairman Torstein Hagen in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years.
With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history. Each journey includes daily shore excursions, and an exclusive Culture Curriculum program that provides destination immersion through music performances, cooking demonstrations, informative port talks and guest lecturers.
Viking River Cruises award-winning Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. Itineraries range from 8 to 23 days and feature the rivers of Europe, Russia, Egypt, China, and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first award-winning ocean ship with the 930-guest Viking Star. Sister ship Viking Sea joined the fleet in 2016, along with Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017. By 2028 Viking will have a fleet of sixteen ocean ships, making it the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Each ship boasts a veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge, and more. Itineraries range from 8 to 141 days and feature destinations such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the British Isles, and the Caribbean.