What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Oxford Thames is Close to the heart of Oxford, on the banks of the River Thames, lies Oxford Thames. With a history dating back to the Middle Ages, the hotels surroundings have an intriguing story to tell. Originally headquarters of the Knights Templar, the house and its lands have been owned by notable religious figures, lords, and even kings throughout the centuries.
Today, the hotel combines its medieval character with 21st-century style to create a unique setting for memorable meetings, conferences, and weddings alike.
Join us as our Restaurant Manager and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
- Manage the daily operations of the restaurant. To plan and ensure the restaurant is ready for the day’s business
- To ensure customer satisfaction through establishing and maintaining quality control standards for products & services offered to the customers.
- Ensure the control of costs and productivity.
- Develop sales plan in line with annual budget, maximising sales through up-selling, using incentives and promotions.
- Ensure prompt resolution of customer complaints and keep a close eye on customer feedback through Trip Advisor and other sites, taking on board feedback and making recommendations for changes.
- To lead and develop an energetic workforce, with involvement in recruitment, learning and development, team engagement initiatives and all other people management responsibilities.
- You should have at least 2 years experience as either a Restaurant Manager or Senior Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- This role may be suitable for a first appointment Restaurant Manager depending on drive and attitude along with the experience.
- You will be passionate about Food & Beverage and providing exceptional standards of service and guest care.
- You must have an outgoing personality with a flair for the Restaurant business.
- To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to communicate to and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
- Up to £28,000 per annum
- Full Time Role
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Discounted international room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Refer a friend bonus
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Meals whilst on duty
- Dry Cleaning/ Uniform Provided of Work Attire
- Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Restaurant Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK
- Job type
- United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract