We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Director of Sales performs key functions of revenue generation within the hotel with a focus on rooms and catering lead generation and conversion, maximising all sales opportunities and exceeding all KPI’s as set out in the annual hotel plan
§ To liaise with the Director of Sales & Marketing on rate strategies and market intelligence.
§ To oversee the operations of Sales Department and ensure achievement of sales goals, KPI’s and revenue production, business objectives and department profitability.
§ To interfaces with Director of Sales & Marketing to report on any sales statistics, personnel issue, team performance and results.
§ Required to support and adhere to Sales & Marketing plan in its development and implementation, to cooperate and communicate with Director of Sales & Marketing on a regular basis in order to achieve the realisation of the plan.
§ To champion, grow awareness and drive enrolment of all Starwood loyalty programs
§ To oversee the operations of Events Sales in the absence of Director of Events.
§ Maintain regular contact with Marriott Global Sales Offices and submit sales leads within the Marriott network where appropriate.
§ To liaise with other departments as necessary, representing the best interests and requirements of Sales & Marketing.
§ To keep the department functioning smoothly by ensuring that team members operate with peak efficiency through coordination, communication and cooperation.
§ To provide an inspiring example of room sales citizenship, responsibility and resourcefulness by asserting, protecting, and demonstrating the core values of W Sales and Marketing Division and W Hotels.
§ To provide team members with a consistent management “voice” to upper management.
§ To develop sound financial projections and manage cost control.
§ Required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Sales Department and W Hotels policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service and communication is maintained.
§ To oversee the operations of the Sales Department in the absence of Director of Sales & Marketing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Job type
- Taipei City, Taiwan
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible