An Assistant Bar Manager manages the bar service to offer a high quality, efficient beverage service that adds to a superior Guest experience and is in accordance with licensing regulations associated with alcoholic beverages.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria''s rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Bar Manager, you will manage the bar service to offer a high quality, efficient beverage service that adds to a superior Guest experience and is in accordance with licensing regulations associated with alcoholic beverages. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain an effective bar service with an emphasis on high quality, efficient service.
- Check that Guest service standards are set, implemented and monitored, and continuously evaluated
- Set-up of the outlet in accordance with the pre-determined standards of the operation
- Comply with licensing regulations and hotel procedures relating to the bar and service of alcoholic beverages and conduct staff training sessions accordingly
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possesss this knowledge and the application of it
- Ensure compliance with and the proper training of Team Members so that all Company Health and Safety, and Fire Regulations and procedures are understand and applied
- Ensure all Team Members are impeccably presented and adhere to the correct uniform standards
- Evaluate the performance of the Team ensuring the highest standards of service are given at all times
- Ensure all Team Members receive an annual and interim appraisal and any other appropriate performance feedback in a timely manner
- Ensure all staff members have a Personal Development Plan that details and actively encourages use of Hilton Worldwide University and the Hotel training Calendar
- Deal with sudden staff shortages through absenteeism and report all absences according to Company Attendance Procedures
- Adhere to the Company disciplinary policy when necessary
- Ensure an appropriate delegation structure is in place and shared amongst the senior team in your absence
- Complete all necessary administration in accordance with Company procedures relating to all staff members
- Produce effective revenue forecasting, as per timelines, and communicate forecasts to the Food and Beverage office
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Work with Food and Beverage Cost Control to ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely manner and to ensure food and beverage cost control targets are maintained
- Meet or exceed the monthly drink profit margin target
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Bar Manager serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer Service experience in supervisory or above capacity
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A medium level of IT proficiency is required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations
- Job type
- DongDan, China
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract