What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Houseperson, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining all public areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public areas, hallways, stairwells, elevators, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, emptying carts of soiled linens, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash, insects and debris and emptying ashtrays
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
- Assist in delivering guest requests and in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
- Assist other team members in housekeeping, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
- Minimum 1 year hotel experience in a similar role
- Professional presentation
- Strong English language skills and communication skills
- Ability to work with maximum accuracy
- Efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Ability to actively demonstrate initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Excels in a team environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to work overnight shifts
- 5 Star hotel experience highly preferred
- Luxury hotel experience
- Training in Forbes standards of service preferred
- Strong preference for candidates with additional language skills in German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean or Chinese
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Century City, Beverly Hills, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible