The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills is currently hiring a Full-Time Sommelier to join the team!
What will I be doing?
A Sommelier for the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills works in all Chef Jean-Georges restaurants to utilize their beverage expertise to assist guests in the selection of beverages to accompany food choices, while enhancing the dining experience and promoting sales. The Sommelier organizes and manages all aspects of the beverage program including selection of wines, beer and spirits; cocktail development; staff training; inventory control; and revenue generation. Additional responsibilities of the Sommelier include, but are not limited to the following:
Performing fine wine service in multiple outlets of the hotel: Jean-Georges Beverly Hills, Rooftop by JG, Lobby Lounge, In-Room Dining and Special Events.
Stocking and overseeing inventory of all wine cellars for all outlets of the hotel
Participating in creating training plans for all outlets and leading daily tastings
Carefully analyze revenue, P&L and product-mix reports to understand trends and sales opportunities
Working with bar teams for cleanliness, cocktail development and to maintain standards
What are we looking for?
- Court of Masters Sommelier Certification required
- Strong desire to learn the financial side of the business (ie. General Legdger, P&L, Inventory, Cost Control, etc.)
- Open availability
- Prior hotel experience an asset
- English fluency required
- Bilingual is a plus
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Century City, Beverly Hills, CA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible