The Boca by Design Team is seeking a Special Event Designer!
What will I be Doing?
- Provide and design all décor arrangements, including linen, music and landscaping rentals as used by the resort in public areas, outlets and banquet facilities.
- Promote the sale of décor for individual guests, primarily group business and to write proposals.
- Develop relationships and bring business in from off property locations and planners.
- Handle Activities and tours as well as coordinate for the client on property our offerings.
- Book entertainment
- Participate in site visits
- Respond to RFP''s in a timely manner
- Meet with clients both in-house and off site
Promote BBD designed events.
Send and Insure client''s receipt of proposals timely.
Follow up with clients and vendors about proposed items, to insure clear and concise understanding of proposals.
Follow up with Internal and External Departments concerning proposed dates, times and details of events (i.e.: Convention or Catering Manager, AV, Banquets, Set Up, etc.).
Follow up with Purchasing Agent and Vendors concerned with specific product needed for proposals.
Ensure that Proposed Items are available and ready for installation of the event, including: Custom Art Work, Specialty Items (linens, chairs, scenery, props, etc.)
Ensure that client has responded and committed to proposed items in a timely fashion to facilitate all departments to prepare for the event, without incurring extra ordinary labor or material costs and expenses.
Lead the installation of events to insure proposal and client''s vision is delivered.
Ensure that all hired decor and talent are on site and ready for event start time.
Follow up with client, to insure satisfaction and success of event within 24 business hours of the event.
Assist Catering, Convention and Hotel Sales Department Managers in Promoting Boca By Design and the Hotel for prospective clients.
Assist, when needed, in production departments to insure proposed items are ready and available for events.
Assist other sales managers when needed, with events when they are over scheduled.
Forecast and Secure future business and develop future business leads.
Develop mailings, marketing material, outside solicitation, phone sales to grow new business.
Follow up with billing inquiries or questions with both client and business manager in a prompt and professional manner.
Promote and Inspire Creativity with all staff in the production and sales divisions.
Instruct and Promote safe and appropriate work standards for all staff.
Alert and involve Production, Floral and Production Installation Crews, of proposed items on a timely basis.
Cost, write and price proposals for themed events.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Boca Raton, FL, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible