As a Steward, you would be responsible for transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and serviceware in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Wash dishes and operate the dishwasher to clean all chinaware, silverware and cooking utensils
- Scrub pots and pans
- Burnish, de-tarnish and polish silver
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment
- Perform cleaning duties including, but not limited to, mopping and removing trash
- Transport and store clean serviceware
- Train other stewards, as needed
- Prepare and place clean serviceware for events and functions
- English language skills
- Professional presentation
- 1 year similar experience
- Ability to stand for 8 hours with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 lbs
- You should be able to communicate effectively, maximize resources, and adhere to strict hygiene standards, health and safety regulations.
- A flexible approach is imperative to the ever-changing demands of the department.
- Be able to demonstrate the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- You will be able to maintain excellent working relationships with your department and hotel colleagues.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- 5 Star restaurant/hotel experience
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Rush & Division, Chicago, IL, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract