Thestories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
WaldorfAstoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in1903 and is one of Edinburgh''s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly atthe West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotelnestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style andexcellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities forover one hundred years.
Clickon the link to view our hotel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Bh1EX7cFI
Conferences& Events Operations
With atotal of ten private rooms to choose from, we can provide guests with layoutsto suit every occasion: from seminar rooms and classrooms through theatre,cabaret style and banquet, to a reception for up to 500 guests.
Why join theWaldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as Conferences& Events Operations Supervisor?
• It''s your world– Your next role could be as Conference& Events Operations Manager, or why not move into a different departmentlike Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for every level
• Working in an environment where creativity ishighly appreciated
• Yearly team outings
• Do not forget a competitive starting salary
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays(increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights atdiscounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food &Beverage discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributorypension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefitsthat you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf AstoriaHotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and thepersonalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singularexperience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Supervisor for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonianyou are responsible in ensuring your department delivers an excellentGuest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf ServiceStandards.
• You will be the face of the outlet, communicatingwith the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorableexperience
• Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner,consistently demonstrating great customer service
• Able to also work in different areas of Food& Beverage including Breakfast, Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining andConference & Events
• Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
• As a Supervisor, you will work 5 days per week,including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Passion andwillingness to learn
• Positive attitude and someone who makes our guestssmile
• Genuinely friendly and caring
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Able to lead a team
• Ambitious and hard working
• Good communication and excellent grooming standards
• It would be advantageous if you worked in Food andBeverage previously.
• There is no specific education or qualificationrequired for this job.
Lookingforward welcoming you to our hotel.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible