The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh''s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Bh1EX7cFI
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Marketing Manager?
Personal Development programmes for every level
Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
Yearly team outings
Do not forget a competitive starting salary
28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Complimentary meals on duty
Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Marketing Manager for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department. With the hotel''s strong brand presence and reputation in the global market, the position will play an important role in assisting the hotel in achieving key objectives in line with the annual marketing plan, current initiatives and relevant marketing activities.
1. Support and execute the development and implementation of hotel marketing campaigns and promotional activities whilst collating information for tracking and monitoring purposes;
2. Support the Director of Business Development with generating revenue for all hotels across all departments in line with marketing strategies and agreed budgets;
3. Execute market research to obtain market and competitive insights to support and create opportunities;
4. Strength and build strategic customer and partner relationships
- Execute and coordinate all agreed hotel marketing strategies and monitor on-going marketing campaigns performance and reporting;
- Develop and implement promotional activity, hotel merchandising and collaterals;
- Execution of all marketing activities for special events, merchandising campaigns and property inspections;
- Monitor and support all social media activation for the Hotel and support departmental initiatives;
- Be a brand champion for the hotel ensuring all collateral conforms to agreed brand standards, using the right tone of voice and content is compliant with corporate guidelines;
- Support and identify opportunities with the DBD to grow and develop loyalty marketing activities with Hilton Honors;
- Execute and implement appropriate use of marketing content, creative resources, translation and photography while optimising an effective online presence in line with regional strategy;
- Execute effective use and creation of e-newsletters, mobile marketing campaigns and partnership programs in accordance with regional and corporate online guidelines;
- Develop, maintain and grow hotel databases to promote all hotel disciplines including targeted Hilton Honors campaigns;
- Execute hotel''s monthly audit report on specific initiatives and promotions
- Monitor and review all third party website content, ensure it is accurate and current and reflects the hotel;
- Execute and report out on competitive analysis on hotel, food and beverage and eCommerce marketing activities;
- Ensure hotel has appropriate marketing content to include up to date media lists, marketing collateral, photo library, newsletters, brochures, desktop publishing and all matters relating to marketing;
- Manage of all marketing projects including resources with budget implications;
- Produce tracking documents and hotel fact sheet including preparing PowerPoint presentations with an excellent attention to detail;
- To achieve agreed performance goals and marketing objectives of role set out by the DBD;
- Establish and maintain effective rapport and open communication with all hotel departments;
- Develop and manage working relationships with key local partners;
- Excel at being an effective team player in all aspects of the role
What are welooking for?
- Professionalapproach, clean and well-groomed at all times;
- Friendly behaviour,positive and enthusiastic attitude with strong customer focus and able to workindependently
- Honesty,integrity, passion for hard work and achieving results and successful outcomes
- Demonstratedself-starter, with excellent attention to detail
- Creativelyminded and has a desire to work in marketing for the hospitality industry
- Communicationor Marketing Degree
- Previousexperience of working in a eCommerce and marketing role in the hotel industry
- Provenexperience of supporting, planning and managing project work to tight deadlinesQualifications in project and time management
- Experienceof the main functions of marketing and leading smaller projects
- Demonstratedability to interact effectively with various levels of management
- Provenexperience of working to and understanding key marketing and eCommerce plansand strategies
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills in English
- Able tospeak further key business languages
- Proficiencyin Microsoft Office applications, budget management and project and timemanagement
- Demonstratesan understanding of commercial awareness, able to adapt to changing prioritieswith key judgement and decision making skills
- Ability tointeract effectively, create solutions, influence others and workdiplomatically with a wide range of individuals.
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible