Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas is seeking an Assistant Banquet Manager to join this amazing team!
As the newest hotel to the Waldorf Astoria Brand, this role offers an incredible opportunity to work for one of the largest hospitality companies in the world and an iconic brand that has been honored as recipient of numerous awards for being a Best Place to Work.
Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, this luxurious hotel has 389 rooms, 5 food and beverage outlets, and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. This includes a 7,650 square foot ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows and terrace overlooking Las Vegas Boulevard, and a 3,000 square foot pre-function area.
We are looking for a driven leader with a passion for the details and executing high-end events! Strong communication skills and at least 3-5 years of banquet leadership experience is required. Prior union management experience is a plus.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and execution of all banquet functions in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in the management of all Banquet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Supervises food and beverage set up and clean up
- Assist in planning, organizing and executing all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training team members
- Greets clients and responds to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Las Vegas, NV, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible