A Hygiene Manager oversees the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required Hygiene and Sanitation levels.
What will I be doing?
The Hygiene Manager is responsible for the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required Hygiene and Sanitation levels. Specifically, the Hygiene Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Propose and maintain minimum standards in all work areas, stores, receiving and disposal areas to adhere at all times to required hygiene standards
- Responsible for effective and efficient maintenance of records related to the Hotel''s sanitation and hygiene efforts/program
- Formulates and maintains an up-to-date methodology manual that is constantly available for use and review by the section personnel
- Responsible for promoting effective dissemination coordination with the rest of the staff in the Hotel
- Responsible for the office/section area being clean and orderly with an organized and efficient workflow
- Performs special assignments and projects assigned to the office by the superiors
- Conduct and chair the FSS Monthly Meeting
- Monitors, assists and performs all procedures and protocols for maintaining an excellent sanitation and hygienic environment
- Is part of the Hotel''s Sanitation Team, which conducts monthly sanitation inspections throughout all food handling areas and generate respective reports
- Continually liaises with external agencies (laboratory, government bureau, health practitioners, etc.) on sanitary matters.
What are we looking for?
A Hygiene Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully full this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum two to three years work experience as Hygiene Manager in a hotel or similar large restaurant complex, preferable prerequisite is experience in the Hotel industry
- Responsible self-starter, capable of handling multi-faceted projects and of working under pressure
- Good communication and guest relation''s skills, a proactive problem solver
- Creative with international culinary focus and flare. Attention to detail
- Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of team members
- Equips and motivates team members to achieve predetermined goals, installing and maintaining appropriate empowerment Programs
- Personable and pleasant to deal with. Reliable and approachable
- Positive can do attitude and flexible approach manages with humility
- High degree of integrity. Strong leadership. Nurtures and develops team members, encouraging innovation
- Good personal grooming and personal presentation
- Understands and respects local culture, able to adapt to changing environment
- Holds a qualification in Kitchen Production, Butchery and Management
- Able to develop close communications and relationships with team members
- Good computer skills. - Effective trainer, experienced in the delivery of skills training
- Familiar with current culinary trends and methods
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards Certifications
- Bachelor of Food Science
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) - ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System)/ Quality Management System ISO 9001
- OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety management System)
- Train the Trainers - Facilitator
- Environment Management System ISO 14001
- GROOMING/UNIFORMS All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process
- NOTICE: Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- WaiTan, China
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible