Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now looking for a Manager/Senior Manager, Finance to join our team in Indonesia. Partnering closely with our regional Finance team and reporting to our Country Manager for Indonesia, you will be responsible for delivering on operating & profitability goals for the market, and partner with business leads on specific projects to maximize growth.
- Provide leadership to the finance team and be responsible for all aspects of Finance, including planning, forecasting, business performance analysis, decision support, reporting, supervision of tax/accounting functions across all lines of business, including retail licensing (DCP), theatrical distribution (Studio) in liaison with our theatrical sub-distributor (Cinema XXI), and Media Networks (TV/Digital) in close partnership with our regional team.
- Lead 5-year plan, and timely submission of annual budget & quarterly forecast P&Ls, quarterly & year-end close reports across all lines of business.
- Provide and communicate timely, relevant and precise information to key stakeholders, including SEA regional team.
- Communicate with Studio sub-distributor to review forecasts (pre- and post-release).
- Perform financial scenario analysis & deal evaluation to support management decision on sales negotiation and participate to negotiations where appropriate.
- Monitor and proactively manage & mitigate P&L and balance sheet risks.
- Create and participate in presentations to senior management.
- Analyze performance (tracking revenue and expenses regularly) and provide variance explanations and recommendations vs. budget and forecasts.
- Prepare all monthly and quarterly reports and schedules required for submission to Regional and other Teams.
- Supervise local tax reporting requirements.
- Act as controls and compliance lead for the market.
- Assist the auditor for the internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with all local statutory requirements (incl. ILS) and provide alerts to regional office on changes to regulations.
- Address queries from licensees / category team / regional finance team with regards to contracts, payments etc.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to direct reports, and support their career development and continuous learning of the company’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent discipline.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in Financial Analysis and Reporting, and Accounting with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English and relevant local language.
- Local statutory knowledge required
- Proficiency with computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. SAP & Cognos knowledge is a plus.
- Equipped with excellent project management, analytical skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to utilize Financial & Accounting Principles principles and financial systems and business tools for data analysis.
- Proficient in Financial Modelling and Analysis
- Team player; with team synergy skills and a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating in cross functional teams.
- Job type
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract