As a key member of the Sourcing and Procurement Greater China Team, the Sourcing Specialist for Marketing will enable The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) in GC to strategically manage and deliver the total value contribution as it relates to the company’s third party spend in the Marketing” category. Marketing is the largest supplier expenditure within The Walt Disney Company.
- The candidate is required to have knowledge of marketing or its’ various segments (esp. with experience of media sourcing projects). The candidate needs to demonstrate an ability to understand particular industry remuneration trends, the supplier landscape and technological advances.
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following models established by Sourcing, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Sourcing process.
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing policies and best practices.
- Able to tailor effective communication to internal clients depending on level of audience.
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company.
- Meet clients’ requirements for service, quality and value at lowest total cost.
- Be aware of market trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients.
- Research and implement “best practice” procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise.
- Provide equivalent support to other territories as needed.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- A minimum of 3 ~ 4 year experience in procuring marketing services.
- Professional certification –Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Purchasing, Finance, Business, Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Internal customer focus.
- Ability/desire to work in a multi-cultural, multi territory environment.
- Understand Sourcing and supports future direction of Sourcing.
- Change agent willing to ask the hard questions and lead efforts to create and implement improvement in the organization and Company.
- Knowledge of best practices – Erfx, Procurement card, EDI, ERS, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP.
- Job type
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract