Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years’ experience in Purchasing or a related field.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Assures sanitation compliance.
• Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
• Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
• Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
• Delegates and enforces first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
• Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
• Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
• Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
• Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
• Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
• Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
• Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
• Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
• Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
• Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
• Ensures all LSOP's are adhered to by all employees.
• Receives and inspects all deliveries.
• Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Supporting Purchasing Operations
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Ensures disciplinary situations are addressed in timely fashion and with consistency.
• Ensures performance reviews are completed on a timely basis for supervisors and non-management employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
• Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Job type
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible