Yellow Shoes? Check! Red pants? Check! Costuming and Cosmetology Cast Members at the Walt Disney World® Resort make sure that the thousands of Entertainment and Theme Park and Resort costumed Cast Members are ready for the show every day.
Cosmetology Cast Members are responsible for maintaining all wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronics figures across the Walt Disney World® Resort, applying facial theatrical makeup and teaching entertainers proper makeup application. Cast Members in this area can also work outdoors in various weather conditions and may have the opportunity to assist in film shoots, parades and convention shows. You must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Florida Cosmetology License to be considered for this position.
Cosmetology Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $12.90/hour.
- Works with Cosmetology Cast Members to provide wigs styled to an approved corporate design for characters (i.e., Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty).
- Assemble make-up kits (consisting of foundation, blush, eye color and lip color) according to Disney guidelines and following an approved corporate design.
- Preset selected show wigs. Must have the ability to work pin-on, step off and retouches for parades.
- Must have the ability to wash and set wigs and recreate a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and appropriate use of styling tools.
- Assist in assembling, creating, coordinating and organizing makeup kits for performers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a valid Florida Cosmetologist license
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role with or without reasonable accommodation, including frequent walking and standing; lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 lbs; working with a variety of chemicals on a daily basis including hair spray and cleaning solutions (i.e., shampoo, vinegar, etc).
- Two (2) years of working experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Experience recreating a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner
- Experience washing and setting wigs
- Wig or styling experience with synthetic hair
- Wig or styling experience with human hair
- Styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French twists
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
- Job type
- Lake Buena Vista, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract