Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hotel''s power plant including boilers, chillers, air compressors and related equipment in order to supply heat , air conditioning, steam, water and related mechanical services to meet the Operation''s needs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Visually inspect, operate, maintain and repair mechanical equipment in the power plant and mechanical rooms throughout the facility using knowledge of building mechanical systems such as water distribution, steam production and supply, pressure reducing stations, and chiller and boiler operation. Operate fan systems and maintain temperature controls. Read blue prints and technical manuals, disassemble and reassemble equipment associated with all mechanical systems using various tools and equipment. Involves movement of heavy materials.
- Follow manufacturer''s guidelines and recommendations for preventative maintenance of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant of the hotel.
- Log and maintain all readings for physical plant of the hotel.
- Maintain, test, log, and adjust water treatment readings for mechanical systems of hotel including the boiler, chilled water, condenser, and other closed loop systems.
- Maintain boiler and chiller rooms of hotel in a clean and orderly condition including painting as necessary.
- Monitor and adjust hotel''s Building Automation System including but not limited to meeting room temperatures, public space temperatures, air handlers, heat exchangers, pumps, etc.
- Monitoring, inspecting and maintain HVAC equipment on a routine basis.
- Recording utility meter readings.
- Perform water treatment tests and apply necessary calibrations, adjustments.
- Make emergency repairs to plumbing, kitchen and other building structure when necessary.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Considerable knowledge of OSHA standards and application.
- Knowledge of local fire codes, standpipe, sprinkler and interior fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of plumbing and electricity.
- Skill in the use of hand tools, including pressure gauges, leak detectors, and instruments for measuring air and water flow.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges and high noise levels.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Considerable skill in use of a calculator to prepare simple, accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to access and input information using a moderately complex computer systems.
- Knowledge of building mechanical systems such as water distribution, steam supply, pressure reducing stations, and chiller and boiler operation.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Adams Morgan, Washington, DC, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible