Identifies and develops new accounts in the local area in addition to providing total account management support for assigned accounts in the Affinity segment. Applies the principles of strategic account management and partners with stakeholders on the Enterprise Sales Team (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning & Support, Vice President Sales, Affinity, Government, Mid-Market, and Small Business) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts. Develops strong partnerships with local buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotels. Capitalizes need-time group business (e.g., weekends, holidays) and improves catering sales revenue. Facilitates group opportunities for outbound hotels at the request of the customer.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts. Executes sales strategy to achieve goals of local market hotels while growing revenues for Marriott hotels outside of their Sales market.
• Identifies and develops new accounts in the local area in addition to providing total account management support for assigned accounts in the Affinity segment.
• Retains, expands, and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives. Penetrates assigned accounts primarily for need time group business and catering sales business.
• Identifies and solicits new accounts in coordination with the Sales and Marketing Planning & Support team.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans. Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market dynamics (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.), and how to sell to assigned accounts.
• Capitalizes need-time group business (e.g., weekends, holidays) and improves catering sales revenue.
• Facilitates group opportunities for outbound hotels at the request of the customer.
• Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning and Support, Area Sales Leaders etc.).
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections at the hotel, as required.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account, and opportunity data in SFAWeb|CI and in SAPP.
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Market leadership.
• Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies and technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges, and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs. Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc.)
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Maintains current business relationships for new business within accounts.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues, and concerns to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during, the program/event.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations, and brand network to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops strong partnerships with local buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotels.
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Sales & Marketing Planning and Support) and market resources (e.g., area leadership, group sales, property leadership) to verify account saturation and pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Partners with stakeholders on the Enterprise Sales Team (e.g., Sales and Marketing Planning & Support, Vice President Sales , Affinity, Government, Mid-Market, and Small Business) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts.
• Partners with Enterprise Sales Team (EST) stakeholders, as required, to identify sales strategies for potential new accounts.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to monitor execution of strategies at the hotel level.
• Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership, as appropriate.
- Job type
- Walnut Creek, CA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible