Provides coverage within the market when a property's principal Catering Sales Executive or Senior Catering Executive is unavailable. Deploys to various properties for varying lengths of time based on need. Manages social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above the sales office parameters and come directly to the hotel (e.g.,, 150 covers and above). Contracts and closes local catering and social business and verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
- Catering sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social catering.
- Provides coverage within the market when a property's principal Catering Sales Executive or Senior Catering Executive is unavailable.
- Deploys to various properties for varying lengths of time based on need.
- Manages social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above the sales office parameters and come directly to the hotel (e.g.,i.e., 150 covers and above).
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel. Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Contracts and closesing local catering and social business and verifies ensure that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Develops menus that drive sales.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Manages transition back to permanent property catering executive once assignment ends
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Manages successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Walnut Creek, CA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible