Advance your career at the Front Desk in this gorgeous hotel near Washington DC! Rotate through Front Desk Agent position, Guest services Concierge, and become a Front Desk Supervisor! Wonderful career boosting opportunity at this 4* hotel near Washington DC! Improve your Front Desk skills at this fast-paced hotel while enjoying the surrounding areas of Arlington, VA and Washington D.C. Additionally, you'll enjoy the easy ability to get to and from Washington, D.C. and its surrounding areas in just minutes. Apply today!
Candidate must get SSN before they can start work, so we advise to arrive at least 2 weeks early from start date.
The property does offer a uniform upon the start of training. If the hotel does not have their size at the property, a uniform will be ordered and it could take 2-3 weeks to get there. J1's should also come with black suit, black pants, white collared shirt, and dark shoes. After 90 days of employment, J1's will be eligible for Holiday pay. No PTO is offered for employees on staff less than 12 months. Any time off is unpaid. Time off is also based on business demand and will be need to be approved by HR first. Employees are eligible for 2 Hotel discounts, 1 with Starwood hotels and 1 with Marriot. They will received discounted rates on any hotels they stay with under those brands. A complimentary meal per shift is offered, either lunch or dinner. Employees will receive free parking if they choose to the drive to property. The property will provide 7 days of complimentary housing upon arrival. This is based on occupancy levels and will need to be confirmed with HR beforehand. It is highly suggested candidates will need to have their housing secured before their arrival. Public Transportation is easily accessible. The Crystal City METRO Station is conveniently located next to the hotel. This metro station services the Blue and Yellow Metro lines, which will bring the J1 to downtown D.C. and Reagan National Airport in just minutes. If J1's fly into Reagan Airport, the property is only 1 METRO station stop away. The property is able to offer pick up at this airport. The hotel has a shuttle that runs to Reagan National every 30 minutes. If J1's fly into Dulles Airport, it is recommended to take the Super Shuttle to the property which typically costs about $30. They will not be reimbursed for this cost.
*Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
- Job type
- Internship, Graduate program, Full-time
- Crystal City, Arlington, VA, United States
- Hostess, Front Office concierge, Front Office porter, Front Office reception, Housekeeping, Reservations, Rooms division, Guest Relations
- Starting in
- March 2019
- Contract duration
- Pay range
- Front Desk and Concierge: $14.00 per hour Front Desk Supervisor: $16.00 per hour Housekeeping Supervisor: $16.00 per hourMay supervise up to 6-8 Front Desk Agents under Supervisor rotation. 32-40 hours/week.
We are in the global business of connecting the best possible employers with the best possible employees. We achieve this by establishing long-lasting relationships and never putting profits before people. In doing so, we rank among the world’s leaders in international hospitality training and career development.
Our portfolio includes well known international brands, 4 and 5 * luxury hotels and (Michelin) fine dining restaurants.
We assist you from A to Z and we make it super easy for you! Along the way we give you advise and career coaching tailored to your personal situation.